Parks & Recreation
The Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation Department seeks to provide parks and facilities that enrich the lives of people of all ages with diverse, ethnicity, ability, belief, social and economic background and education.
Fredericksburg has 9 parks, including 2 outdoor aquatic facilities, a restored United States Army outpost, 8 ball fields, 6 tennis courts, a soccer field, a skate park and a RV campground.
Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation Department goals:
- A system of outstanding parks and open space area which are responsive to the leisure needs of a growing community and sensitive to the conservation of natural resources.
- Recreational facilities, programs and park areas that meet the needs of a diverse population with various levels of ability and skill.
- An equitable geographic distribution of parks and recreational facilities.
- Orderly replacement and/or re‐design of aging parks and recreational infrastructure to ensure existing recreational opportunities are not lost.
- Cooperation with the school district, county and other agencies, as well as community organizations, to provide cost‐effective services and optimize benefits to citizens.
- A Comprehensive Trail System that meets the needs of Fredericksburg residents.